Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Homecoming!!!

Homecoming week came and went with fury!

Monday, I watched some of the Powderpuff football that happened on the quad. Seriously, look out for those Alpha Xi Delta girls. They've got some BITE!

A group karaoke number
Tuesday, sad sad story. I didn't actually get to participate in the karaoke because of my schedule. But I was smiling and chuckling when I was walking past the physical science building. I heard a very brave rendition of "Stayin' Alive" by the Bee Gees. Then I heard Aaron McCabe singing something but I was too far away at that point to figure it out. I WISHED I could have stayed and really enjoyed myself for that one.

Wednesday was energetic. I LOVE that the bonfire happens so late at night. It meant I could go after work and still participate. By the time I got there the fire was HUGE. The crowd was HUGE. The spirits were high. I still can't believe how tall the flames were.

Thursday, again I only caught glimpses of activity in passing. The twister game was hilarious and I was very disappointed to not have a camera on me. I've seen a few of the tie dyed shirts floating around campus. Good to know that people were there getting their hands dirty - the tie-dye, not the twister.

Orange Man
Friday was True Bengal. My friend, who shall remain nameless experienced herself some disappointment. She was sorta eye-ing Guy A, a good friend. As the kiss approached she was whisked away from our circle and a few moments later she's locked lips with Guy B - a very unexpected surprise as that was DEFINITELY not her plan. I mean, it wasn't terrible. She knew Guy B. So it was fine. But alas, her romance with Guy A will have to find another opportunity to bud.

Saturday morning I'd kinda forgotten that there was a parade. Until I could hear the band and people from my house near center. I ran out in time to see the choir walk past, cheerleaders - both high school and college, cars, clubs and a sea of orange. I would definitely have to say that Orange Man was my favorite. Any It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Fans out there? You know what I'm talking about!
Enthusiastic and mesmerized fans.



The game was alive. It's what a game should be. 8000+ people in the stands. A close score for most of the game. Tons of fans sporting the ISU colors. It only could have gone better if we'd won - what a sad fumble! Our team is doing SO much better this year. GO BENGALS!

XO, Nanette

No comments:

Post a Comment