Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The week concluded...

Week overall: win.
Being a more participatory student: fail.

There was SO much going on this past week. I didn't get to go to ANY of it. I suspect some of you are in the same boat. With working  in the evening and 6 classes, time just sort of escaped me. I am proud to say though, that I am current and slightly ahead on homework, although that will last a total of MAYBE three weeks and then I'll be looking for things to distract me. 

I never reported in on my Tuesday/Thursday classes. I might have made a mistake. They are LONG days. 

9:00 - 10:00    Swim 
11:00 - 12:00  Form and Analysis (aka, hard and frustrating, the second time I'm taking it). 
12:00 - 1:00    Diction (learning IPA and applying it to French, German and Italian). 
3:00 - 4:00      Dance Basics 
4:00 - 5:15      Pedagogy (learning how to teach voice lessons).
5:30 - 10:00
    Work.

It's homework and reading intensive. But that's not the hard part. Those of you who have met me, understand through body shape alone that I prefer eating to moving. Two physically active classes in one day is a leap for this stationary/office job kind of girl. Thursday was the first day I experienced the full wrath of my laziness. It was hard. It was exhausting. Then Friday and Saturday came along. I could barely walk. Here's the other thing, these classes were NOT hard for some of the other members of class. But one should never measure progress by comparison to others, but comparison to self and MAN, do I have room for improvement. I'm hoping that after about two or three weeks, it gets less hard and my body will start adjusting.

Lately, as part of the renaissance of self, I've made it a goal to do something creative every day. Now, creative writing class's homework assignments do not count. I've taken to visual journaling. Trying to take a photo, paint (poorly) or doodle to pair with an observation that day. I'll post the less personal ones here when I get them scanned in.

Have any of you been trying new things this semester? Any classes that you might regret signing up for? Tell me about your first week!

XO, Nanette

No comments:

Post a Comment