Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The end of the world.

I may be in over my head. I've gotten involved alright. Three jobs this semester. 40 hours a week and 12 credits. Any bets on how long before melt down? I've been looking at football calendars. I keep seeing girls with "It's Game Day" shirts on. There are fliers everywhere I look for events every night of the week! I realize how much more time I'm going to need to get active in campus life.
 
All summer I thought "why were you never involved?!" Now I remember. By the time I get home from a full day of classes and five hours in an office, I realize my week is halfway over. I've missed 6 events (Shape UR Yoga Booty, End of Summer Pool Party, Zumba Flash Party, Part-Time Job Fair, Ice cream social, and a Bengal Wednesday) . There's no going back. Only forward. It means giving up one of my Friday nights to go to an ISU event. Or worse, a Saturday night. Choosing to go to a football game instead of a date, or heaven forbid, FOR a date. Choosing a dance over a movie night with friends or even getting my homework done. I'm not sure how I'm going to fit everything in.

Anyway... enough complaining. It's time to plan ahead. I pulled up the ISU calendar. Looks like there's a football game this Saturday. I'm trying to be positive. I'm trying to like it. This really is a first. Nanette Nielson is going to a football game. Hell might freeze over. Farm animals might start flying. The end of the world might come early. At least you've been warned.

XO, Nanette
P.S. I'm so excited for Gabriel Iglesias to get here. This man is funny people. It's Oct 7. Get your tickets.

4 comments:

  1. Nannette. This probably is an irrelevant question to you since your blogdoesnt have much about ISU sporting events, however, I must ask. Where can I get a "it's game day" shirt. If you can post I'd really appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first try would be at the ISU book store. It might just be a team thing though. If you wanted one badly enough, you could get one made at New Day or T-Shirts Plus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I've tried the online bookstore and and ISU wear sites but nothing. I hope you had a good time at the game today. GO BENGALS!

    Anonymous (aka Gma Marie)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on attending your first football game.

    ReplyDelete